Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Reds sign infielder Brandon Phillips to 6-year, $72.5M deal


AHN Sports Staff
Cincinnati, OH, United States (AHN Sports) – The Cincinnati Reds continued signing their top players Tuesday, inking second baseman Brandon Phillips to a 6-year deal reportedly worth $72.5 million.
Although Phillips has no homers or RBI yet on the season, he is 3-for-7 with two runs scored in his last two games.
“Brandon is one of the great second basemen in baseball,” Reds CEO Bob Castellini said, according to MLB.com. “He’s also fantastic off the field. He represents the franchise with a big smile all the time. He really relates to the fans and vice versa.”
Phillips was emotional about playing in a place he loves for years to come.
“I cried about this. This is where I wanted to be,” Phillips said. “I’m still … you know … loss of words right now, for me to play in the city I really love. The fans have embraced me and they love me and I love them back.”

No comments:

Post a Comment