Friday, April 6, 2012

Bobby Petrino, Arkansas Football Coach, Admits to Affair with Employee

University of Arkansas Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino was placed on administrative leave yesterday after he admitted to a "previous inappropriate relationship" with a former student and current school employee.
Athletic Director Jeff Long made the announcement at a press conference, as the news came to light after Petrino was involved in a motorcycle accident this week and forced to admit he was riding with 25-year old Jessica Dorrell.
Arkansas Coach
"I'm at the beginning of the review. I don't know what I'm going to find," Long said. "I hope to have a resolution soon. I certainly don't have all the answers here tonight, as we meet. But again, I have an obligation and responsibility to obtain the information and then act appropriately on that information."
Petrino is married with four children.
At his press conference on Tuesday, following the crash, he claimed he was alone on the vehicle. But a police report released later in the week revealed otherwise, forcing the coach to reveal the truth about Dorrell.
Said Petrino - who is already widely hated by football fans after he bailed on the Atlanta Falcons in 2007, just 13 games into his first season at their helm - in a statement:
"My concern was to protect my family and a previous inappropriate relationship from becoming public," he said. "In hindsight, I showed a serious mistake in judgment when I chose not to be more specific about those details. Today, I've acknowledged this previous inappropriate relationship with my family and those within the athletic department administration.
"I will fully cooperate with the university throughout this process and my hope is to repair my relationships with my family, my athletic director, the Razorback Nation and remain the head coach of the Razorbacks."
source: at: thehollywoodgossip

No comments:

Post a Comment